This year, moms are in desperate need of me-time. These gifts for mom friends will give her the me-time and self-care she needs!
This gift guide was done in collaboration with Erin Condren. They sent me a number of items from their brand new holiday collection, in return for my honest review and opinion. I have worked with Erin Condren on several posts in the past. My favorites were tips on how to organize your Erin Condren Life Planner and how to keep a large family organized with the Erin Condren wall calendar system.
Gifts for Mom Friends in Need of Me-Time
This morning while walking our two huskies I listened to an awesome podcast. In one of the podcast segments, they said “2020 has been a year of ALL family – ALL THE TIME!” I don’t think truer words have been spoken about this year! So far this year, parents have had non-stop family time with little to no me-time or alone time.
Moms everywhere are dealing with the conundrum of having this special opportunity to spend ENDLESS hours of quality time with their family, while also longing for JUST a little room to breathe – a little me-time.
And… that’s why I decided to put together this gift guide. I am sure you know a mom or two looking for a reprieve, a break in the endless action of running a busy family.
Best Gifts for Mom Friends:
- Layers Colorful 500 Piece Puzzle:
- “Build it and they will come”, I think this saying refers to big puzzles in families with older kids. It never fails, when I ask our kids to help with a large puzzle, they turn their nose up at it, so I accept my fate of having to put together a massive puzzle on my own. Slowly, ever so slowly, the oldest kids appear – unable to resist an awesome puzzle and this particular puzzle is 100% guaranteed irresistible.
- While your friend may not get alone time by working on this puzzle, she WILL get quality time with her tweens and teens and THAT is worth its weight in gold. The “Layers Neutral” puzzle is equally beautiful and challenging.
- AirPods Case:
- Is there anything worse than looking for your AirPods when you desperately need them? Picture this scenario: You’ve decided to quietly sneak out of the house for a stroll, so you can breathe and listen to your favorite audiobook. But your AirPods are nowhere to be found! By the time you find them, the kids have asked for milk and three snacks – and the magic of the moment is gone. Your tiny window of opportunity for me-time has closed right in your face. This snazzy AirPods case will ensure that you never again will have to waste precious time hunting them down!
- Hoodie and Joggers:
- Nothing screams “give me some peace and quiet” like a woman in her comfy clothes. This outfit is a one-way ticket to cozy-town for any mom snuggled up in these colorful or neutral comfortable clothes.
- This hoodie and the joggers are PERFECT for after a nice long bath. Pair this gift with these handmade succulent bath bombs, for the ultimate me-gift experience!
- Sherpa Throw:
- You simply can’t say “lazy Sunday afternoon” without picturing someone wrapped in a beautifully crafted, soft, and comfortable Sherpa Throw. This throw is sure to become your friend’s favorite couch-companion during her Netflix binges after the kids are snuggled in their beds.
- Playing Cards, Colorful:
- Do you remember the last time you lost track of time while challenging yourself to a Solitaire marathon? I can safely say, I have spent many hours of my life playing Solitaire and forgetting everything around me!
- Besides, a deck of cards is the perfect activity when you are stuck in a doctor’s office with restless kids! This beautiful box fits into any mom-purse without taking up too much space. She will be glad she has it, trust me!
- Enamel PopGrip:
- Last year for Christmas, our oldest insisted on buying me something specific for Christmas. He was so secretive and excited for me to open my present. It was a PopGrip for my phone. This simple gadget was gifted to me with such love and dedication. It’s since then become one of my favorite gifts. I read books on the Kindle app on my phone. The PopGrip ensures that I can hold my phone securely, even when I get tired.
- Give this PopGrip with a shiny enamel metal surface to your friend with confidence. Within a few minutes, she won’t be able to use her phone without grabbing the PopGrip. It’s a great way to make her reading time more comfortable.
- Metal Bookmark, Believe/ Plan/ Create:
- If your friend is more of a paper-book reader, this beautifully crafted metal bookmark will be a hit! Give it along with a motivational or an uplifting book.
- The bookmarks say either “believe”, “plan” or “create”. These words are perfect for a new year full of new possibilities.
- Monogram Embroidery Kit:
- The best me-time is often spent quietly crafting, using your fingers, your creative mind, and just zoning out of everything else around you.
- This embroidery kit is a perfect craft for a busy mom. It’s not overwhelmingly complicated and it won’t take months to complete. But it can personalized it to give it as a gift or made as a special treat for yourself.
- Twistable Crayons and Dual-tip Markers:
- Want to give your friend the perfect stress-reducing me-time gift?! These bright and beautiful crayons and markers along with an adult coloring book are sure to melt away stress and worries!
- A pencil cup filled with the colorful dual-tip markers is also a great way to add hygge and style to any office space.
- Monthly Planner/ LifePlanner:
- When January 1st, 2021 rolls around the entire world will rejoice in the opportunities a new year holds. Give your best friend the gift of 365 days of optimism and possibilities with a crisp new LifePlanner or Monthly Planner.
- Personally, I use both planners. I have used the Erin Condren LifePlanner for almost 10 years and the way I organize it has lowered my stress and keeps our entire family organized. The monthly planner is perfect for my business and content planning. Give either planner with confidence! She will love the symbolic gift of getting a fresh start!
- Functional Clutch:
- Remember back when couples went out for date night?! Yeah me too, I also forgot all about that. However, soon we will be able to dress up and go out on the town like we once did. For when that time comes, give your friend a beautiful sparkling clutch. Better yet, encourage her to use it for her grocery store runs, whenever she gets to leave the house without an entire entourage of kids trailing behind her.
- This metallic black clutch is dressy enough for a night out with your loved one. But personally, I love using “dressy” things in every-day settings – because every day is a gift and we need to live fully all day, every day.
Give your friend the gift of indulgence, me-time, coziness, hygge, and self-care with the gifts listed. You can’t go wrong with any of them – but while you are shopping, be sure to add a thing or two in the shopping cart for yourself! You deserve me-time and self-care too!